Welcome to Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages Inc. We are pleased to welcome you as our guests. Please take a few minutes to review the following terms and conditions of our rental agreement.
Proper Vacation Rental Etiquette is "we left the motel unit(s) &/or cottage(s) the way we found it". That's all that can be asked of a renter. Should the renter not leave the motel unit(s) &/or cottage(s) "as they found it" then the owners &/or representative may deduct a cleaning charge from your damage deposit. While we don't expect you to disinfect the bathroom and kitchen, dust and vac all the rooms etc. (professional cleaners to do that) the actual contract spells out your duty to leave the kitchen tidy and if not, a surcharge will be applied to credit card on file that are left untidy, dishes that are not washed, dried or put away.
By placing a booking with us (the property owner / his/her representative) you (the lead guest) and your booking party (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions as set-out.
During your stay you agree to abide by the subsequent conditions as set-out. If you have any questions about booking with us, please contact us before making a booking.
To place a booking with us the lead guest must be at least 18 years of age. The maximum number of staying guests per room is illustrated in the room occupancy details on the website.
Where the person making the booking is different to the lead guest taking up the occupation, the person making the booking may be held responsible for cancellation, non-arrival and damages as set-out within. Only the lead guest and the named booking party are allowed to use the property and its facilities, any third party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
To secure any booking we require a deposit to be paid in advance, this deposit amount is 25%.
Deposit payments must be "cleared funds" before a booking can be confirmed. Deposits are only refundable under the conditions set-out here within.
Payments can be made online / over the phone using debit / credit card as well as by digital bank transfer, cheque or cash deposit. Any charges raised against us by our banks for handling dishonoured cheque‘s, bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the lead guest within seven (7) days of any request to do so.
All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests, neighbours and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance / nuisance to other guests, neighbours or the owners.
25% deposit of the rental rate* is required to confirm reservation for units and/or cottages, plus a $250 damage deposit cheque. The remaining balance is due and payable no less than 60 days prior to occupancy.
2. DAMAGE DEPOSIT:
Each reservation is subject to a damage deposit. This may be via a credit card transaction or post-dated cheque of $250 is to be dated the 1st day of the renter’s occupancy and must be received with deposit as noted in item #1.
We reserve the right to charge the lead guest for any damages caused through the course of a booking by any member of the booking party. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (30) days of departure, by cheque or credit card, provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All garbage, recycling and discards are placed in garbage bins by staff door.
- All keys are returned.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No items are lost or damaged (linens, bedding, appliances, furniture etc.)
- NO Early check-in or late check-out.
- Cleaning of unit has been completed as noted in item #5.
- The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or the local law enforcement.
- NO furniture has been moved.
- NO carpets have to be cleaned.
- Only Hardwood Charcoal or Charcoal Briquets are to be used in Weber BBQs. Firewood will damage BBQs.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing or by e-mail. Please note our cancellation policy policy (applied to total reservation invoice) is:
- 25% non-refundable deposit if reservation is cancelled
- 50% charge between 7 days and 3 days prior to arrival date and
- 100% charge within 2 days of arrival date.
- All refunds subject to a minimum $10 to 5% transaction fee.
In the event of full cancellation, transfer of reservation to a third party, other than the original renter, must be approved and confirmed by Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages management. Management's decision is final.
Check-in time is 3:00 and 9:00p.m. If you are unable to check-in during this time period, please call us in advance to make special arrangements.
Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. Observation of this rule MUST BE ADHERED TO so that our Staff has sufficient time to clean and prepare for our next guests. Upon leaving, please wash, dry and put away dishes, remove all garbage, recyclables and return keys by 10:00 a.m. latest. The units and/or cottages must be left clean and tidy and in the same condition as noted upon your arrival.
ANY EXTRA CLEANING THAT MAY BE NECESSARY WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR DAMAGE DEPOSIT.
6. SMOKING AND CONSUMPTION OF CANNABIS:
While considered legal, All motel unit(s) &/or cottage(s) are Non-Smoking of any nature. Should outdoor smoking of any nature affect enjoyment of other guests, owners &/or representative may request that these activities be conducted 9 meters off the premises. ABSOLUTELY NO CONSUMPTION OR PREPARATION "CRUSHING" OF CANNABIS INSIDE THE UNITS AND/OR COTTAGES. The odours (even if not smoked) has a great tendency to cling to fabric(s) causing us to wash curtains, blankets etc. Damage deposit will be revoked should additional cleaning be required to remove odours.
NO PETS ARE PERMITTED UNDER ANY CONDITIONS, throughout the accommodation, except for service dogs. Check-in will be denied if guests appear with pet(s) and there will be no registration refund.
8. OCCUPANTS AND OCCUPANCY:
The adult responsible for the rental must be 20 years of age or older. All occupants must be named in writing prior to occupancy. Only guests named may reside in the cottage.
- Our units and cottages run on a septic system and can therefore only accommodate a certain number of occupants at any one time. Guests, who have overnight visitors in the units and cottages IN EXCESS of the pre-authorized number, are subject to immediate eviction without refund or a $20 per night per guest charge, at the discretion of Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages Management.
- No RV’s, campers, mobile homes or tents may be parked or used on the premises for the purpose of extra sleeping capacity.
- QUIET TIME: As our cottages are in close proximity to one another and we are on a small bay, noise travels quickly. Please respect our cottage neighbours and observe the 11pm - 7am Quiet Time by keeping noise at an “acceptable” level. The Municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula enforces noise bi-laws. Any excess disturbances will NOT be tolerated and MAY result in eviction at the Management’s discretion.
9. WiFi FAIR & APPROPRIATE USAGE POLICY:
Where WiFi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests. The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is not prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
10. FURNISHINGS AND EQUIPMENT:
Our units and cottages are furnished with bed linens, towels, dishes, cookware, flatware, glasses, all appliances including coffee maker, kettle, toaster, microwave, television etc. Please be sure to bring any specialty items that you may require during your stay. Ferndale and Lion’s Head offer well equipped Variety/Grocery stores if needed.
11. NO DAILY CLEANING &/or MAID SERVICE:
While linens and bath towels are provided in the units &/or cottages, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels for your use. We DO NOT permit towels or linens to be taken from the units and cottages.
12. RECREATION AMENITIES:
We have provided, for your enjoyment, the use of kayaks, a canoe and an assortment of children’s toys. Your children MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES. Usage of boats (kayaks and canoe) are available at no charge to Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages guests subject to:
- Availability (due to popularity we may limit time of use).
- Signed Waiver and Release of Liability form.
- Predicted Weather and Wind Conditions.
Caution must be taken at all times when using the barbeques and fire pits. Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages cannot be held responsible for any loss or injury due to non-compliance of these terms.
13. SEWAGE SYSTEM:
ALL units and cottages at Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages use a septic system. Please use water sparingly and NO Sanitary Napkins or Tampons to be flushed down toilets. Please do NOT park on waterfront lawns as septic tile bed will get damaged.
ANY PLUMBING FEES DUE TO NON-COMPLIANCE WILL BE PAYABLE BY THE RENTER.
All equipment in the units and cottages should be in good working order. Please report any inoperative equipment to management. Every reasonable effort will be made to promptly repair the same. No refunds will be given for inoperative appliances or for mechanical failure.
15. EMERGENCY CONTACT:
Please call our Management
Wilfred Laman: 519-793-3155 or cell or 905-518-6235 or
Joanne Laman: 519-793-3155 or cell or 905-745-4100
16. GARBAGE DISPOSAL:
- All non-recyclable garbage in GREY BINS by staff door.
- All recyclable BLUE BOX with clear bag.
- All Liquor and Beer Containers in BLUE Box WITHOUT clear bag.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE GARBAGE OUTSIDE AS BIRDS AND WILD LIFE WILL HAVE A FEAST.
Please park ONLY in the designated parking spot which has been allocated to your units &/or cottages.
18. WILDLIFE AND PLANTS:
We share the Bruce Peninsula with Black Bears, Massassauga Rattlesnakes, Snapping Turtles along with Foliage such as Poison Oak and Ivy. Black Legged Ticks have also been observed in the area. We ask that you take care when hiking in the area. Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages Inc. cannot be held responsible for any personal injuries caused by any wildlife.
19. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND:
Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages is not responsible for items left behind. Please be sure to double check your cottage prior to departure. If we are asked to return items on your behalf we will gladly do so, at your expense. A $20 charge per key will be deducted from your damage deposit for keys that are not returned upon check-out.
20. FINAL INSPECTION:
At the end of your stay a final inspection will occur to ensure that the units and/or cottages has been left in condition you found it upon arrival, and that new guest’s will not be inadvertently billed for missing or broken items. Therefore, upon your check-in, please assist us by reporting any discrepancies so that you will not be held responsible.
21. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS:
It is our aim to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing, in advance.
Lion’s Head Beach Motel & Cottages Inc.